Rhodium Plate Rope Edged Square Photo Pendant
In stock - SKU: sd_49
This Rhodium Plated Rope Edged Square Photo engraved Pendant allows for close up portraits such as new baby shots or your pet peering up at the camera lense. Very practical for key rings.
Rhodium plating is a highly reflective metal which is hard wearing. The reflective nature of the plating makes it highly suited to the etching process. The visibilty of the photo relies on the contrast between the dark and light areas of the etched pendant.
We recommend you make a preview to see how your photo will look.
|Dimensions||30 × 25 × 1.2 mm|
This keepsake has a rope edged surround to offset the etched photo. The rope edging is an ancient decorative pattern used in jewellery as a symbolic expression of protecting the person who lies within.
Rhodium plating is a highly reflective metal which is hard wearing. The reflective nature of the plating makes it highly suited to the etching process which relies on the contrast between the dark and light areas of the etched pendant.
The quality of the photo you submit will determine how well it reproduces when etched onto the portrait pendant.
Please read the FAQs page for info on how to look after your pendant or suitable image requirements for uploading.
Engraved photo pendants are created by an etching technique which relies on contrast between areas that are impacted by a diamond tipped punch and the pendant surface. The diamond point is very fine and can impact 720 dots per square inch. The image is visible through the reflection of light off the engraved surface of the photo pendant. This means there is no colour or printing involved in the production of these photo pendants.
By creating a contrast between light and dark areas of a photo a three-dimensional holographic effect is achieved. When the light falls on the photo jewellery from different angles it gives your photo a magical glint.
- Please Note: We decide at the time of producing whether to remove the background from the photo. Sometimes we judge it better to leave the background in.
- The quality of photo you submit will determine how well it reproduces on a pendant. Please be aware to reproduce your photo on a pendant will mean it is reduced in size and detail. You can not get the same level of detail on something that is smaller than the original. The size of the pendant is stated on the product page.
- We recommend you make a preview before ordering. Please understand the preview is much larger than the actual pendant to help you position your photo accurately. It is not representative of the actual pendant size.
- If in any doubt as to the suitability of the photo you want to use please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for our advice.
- For more information see our photo requirements page here: Photo Requirements